As a part of the daily exercise regime and mission fitness, I am sharing an easy exercise called the TITLI AASAN or the Butterfly pose.
- This is a simple exercise to strengthen your thighs, tone the legs muscles and relax them.
- It also helps to open up the hips& thighs and improves flexibility.
- This aasan also stimulates the reproductive and digestive organs.
- Regular practice of this posture is beneficial to the kidneys, bladder, prostate gland, and ovaries.
Method, step by step :
- Sit in the Lotus Pose or Padma Asana. (Crossed legs)
- Position your legs so that the soles of your feet touch each other. Your knees should be bent.
- Try to position your feet the closest to your pubic area hence pulling your heels inwards.
- Grasp your feet with your hands and sit up with your back as straight as possible.
- Flap your thighs till your knees hit the ground.
- Keep breathing throughout the activity.
- You may speed up the lowering and raising of the thighs to further relax the muscles. This flapping motion is what gives the Butterfly Pose its name.
- If your are recovering from any injury, do not try this at all.
- If new to yoga, please practice under expert guidance.
See the you tube video for the aasan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77yDLrRWCIg