- Never write for charity. Your work goes unnoticed and hard work goes waste.
- Mention disclaimers in your blog. You never know when you get a legal notice from the content owner (be it a picture, video or text)
- Be consistent & frequent in updating your blog. You need to make time. Blogging is a serious business after all. Schedule your posts if you can.
- Write on relevant trending topics and hit the nail. Example Poonam Pandey released her yoga video right around Yoga Day (irrespective the content) or Ashish Copra made his toll tax video right when Delhi Gurgaon Toll closure was announced. Timeliness is the key hence.
- Read other blogs. Just like a good speaker should be a good listener, similarly a good blogger should read others’ blogs. It educates you, helps you know what’s trending and gets you connected to them.
- In blogging events, one should talk, share and network. No point sitting in one corner. Knowing other bloggers is as important as writing.
- Keep your profile picture and description the same across all social platforms, because that’s your identity. (I did mine on the day of this meet. 11th July marks as a golden day of enlightenment :)
- Keep yourself educated and updated with latest news. Else you cannot be creative.
- Always leave comments on others blog. That’s the biggest appreciation for bloggers and best way to network too!
- Have interesting pictures or videos in your blog to make it interesting. People keep away from boring blogs or too much text with interesting visuals.
- Always caption your blog with a catchy headline.
- Use keywords diligently. Remember your blog will be searched via keywords. Better the search words, higher is the visibility of your blog.
- Go for blog giveaways. It drives traffic and brings loyal readers!
- Make your blog your work portfolio. Nothing better than your hobby turning into profession.
- Take your blog to a website domain if possible. You are the owner of your blog and you need to ensure that it is maintained and updated like your own property. When a blog server is down, you constantly lose your visitors. A domain will not be down like blog.