Originated in China, Green Tea was used to heal wounds and control bleeding. The practice continued in Chinese medicine and later in traditional Indian medical science too. Just like the difference between white bread and brown bread, green tea happens to be better than black tea pertaining to the processing. Green lea is not fermented unlike black tea hence retaining the antioxidants and other beneficial properties.
A cup of green tea can give you several benefits like no other thing. For some, green tea tastes bad. However, green tea is a powerhouse for you.
Sharing 10 reasons why should you have green tea-
- Prevents Cancer- The natural chemicals of green tea, called polyphenols provide anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic effects. Research shows that green tea drinkers compared with non-drinkers are less likely to develop pancreatic cancer, particularly in women.
- Reduces Cholesterol- Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol. It also protects against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
- Anti-aging: Green tea's antioxidant (polyphenol) fights against free radicals. Hence it helps you fight against aging and promotes longevity.
- Skincare. Green tea also helps fight wrinkles on skin. This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Green tea reduces sun damage and helps your skin glow.
- Controls Diabetes. Green tea regulates glucose levels in blood, thereby slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes that result in fat storage.
- Aids in weight Loss. Green tea increases the metabolism of your body. The polyphenol works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which our body turns food into calories. Green tea may promote a small, non-significant weight loss in overweight and obese adults.
- Regulates Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure. It works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them to stay relaxed and withstand changes in blood pressure.
- Prevents cold and flu: Green tea prevents you from getting a cold or flu. Vitamin C in green tea helps you treat the flu and the common cold.
- Controls Asthma: The Theophyline in green tea relaxes the muscles which support the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of asthma.
- For Bones: The high fluoride content found in green tea helps keep your bones strong. If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density. This is advisable for women in late 30's who lose their bone density.
Green tea of several brands are easily available in market. All you need is a cup of hot water and green tea bag. When we know that prevention is better than cure, then why wait till anything happens wrong? Stay aware, start early and keep the nasty illness away!
Happy healthy brewing!