|Panellists of India Fashion Interface 2016|
The event kicked off with an opening speech by Gaurav Banasal, co founder MyFashionBay.com Rachna Singh, Founder MyFashionBay.com. They shared valuable insights from their experience and industry expertise.
|Rachna- Founder My Fashion Bay|
The first of its kind, IFI2016 was also focused on initiating unique networking strategy through events, a trend which is still picking up in India. Topics covered in details were-
- Importance of social media for bloggers as well as brands and their collaboration.
- How to increase traffic on blogs and make it known
- Running digital campaigns for self or involving with a brand
|Fashion blogger Komal|
Komal emphasized on bloggers’ social media presence and networking skills. Brands are also likely to collaborate with bloggers who have good content and prove to be good social media influencers. Getting paid by the brand comes later when the blogs achieve that standard of being “highly influential”.
As correctly stated by Sunil Rai, there are not fixed parameters for brands to choose bloggers. There should be an equal importance given to blog traffic and content simultaneously, which is debated many a times and the gap needs to be addressed.
A serious issue was pointed out by Payal as she said blogging is still naïve in India. The market is saturated abroad where blogging is taken seriously and brands pay well to bloggers, unlike India where after so much efforts bloggers still struggle to charge for their pieces they write.
The convocation had good take way points for all. Few among them were –
- Bloggers should not write for free (after all there are loads of efforts involved in writing a post)
- Attending bloggers meet or networking is very important to make your presence felt
- Balance all your social media properties. Readership should be at par on all places lest they should look fake.
- Keep learning new things (technologies, tools) to upgrade yourself. Come out of comfort zone and explore the “new”
- Be original. Don’t plagiarize. Keep things organic. Buying likes will only hamper your image (as brands can easily figure that out)
- Including pictures/videos will beautify your blogs and get attention/traffic. Remember all words and no picture will make your bog a dull baby! Display your profile picture to begin with.
|Payal and me|