Indian cuisine is known for the spices that add taste and aroma to food. Pudina or mint leaves is one of them. This herb is easily available at vegetable vendors and distinguishes itself from others with its refreshing aroma & small leaves.
Pudina is known to cure bad breath, cough, throat congestion, acne/pimples, respiratory disorders and digestion (Remember Pudin Hara?). High content of antioxidants and vitamins in Mint makes it popular in every cuisine, globally. Sharing a refreshing recipe of pudina, which is healthy and super easy.
- Bunch of mint leaves, coriander leaves (optional)
- Medium sized onion, tomato
- Black pepper, black salt, sugar
Preparation time- 5 minutes
- Wash the bunch of mint leaves and cut off the roots. Separate the leaves and finely chop them.
- Finely chop a medium sized onion. Chop a medium tomato as well (optional)
- Beat curd in large bowl with water. Add one third teaspoon of black pepper and half teaspoon of black salt or rock salt for taste and pinch of sugar
- Mix pudina leaves and chopped onion/tomato in whipped curd. Garnish with coriander leaves if you like. (Many people don’t like coriander leaves. One of them being my husband)
Tip- If you don't like onion in curd, you can grate or fine chop cucumber instead of onion. Cucumber is another cooling agent which refreshes and hydrates you body. Opt for fat free or curd made of toned milk.
This cool curd raita is a nice appetizer, cures digestion and leaves you refreshing. A simple, zero cholesterol dish is ready in 5 minutes only!!!!