There is a traveler within all of us. But how many manage to stay fit and healthy during and after the trip? Learning from my own experiences and a close brush with others, here are 10 must do's to travel in good shape and health.
1. Snack healthy - Yes I can feel the frowns. Trying local cuisines is on the to-do list of travelers.
It is obvious to feel hungry and our nose just cant ignore the deep fried goodness, which ends up in eating pakodas/chips/samosas/vadaas. Advisable to carry a little snack pack with you. Roasted chana (black grams), almonds, peanuts & puffed rice mixture, digestive biscuits, dates, roasted sunflower & flax seeds are great options to pack in your baggage. They neither occupy much space in bags nor load you with cholesterol/risk of bad stomach. Also, packing these little treats can save you from hunger pangs if you get stuck in traffic or odd hours at night.
2. Walk- for the sake of good health, to keep heart healthy and cholesterol under control.
The shit loads of crazy food that you hogged also gets easily digested as you walk. The vitamin D deficient ones can soak up some sunny vitamin and get some relief from ortho pain. Walking with partner/group also bonds you well. Ditching taxis for local traveling is also good for the environment :-) Walking also gives you the opportunity to come close to nature and observe the local culture closely. And the best part is that walking costs nothing! Whosoever said best things in life are free, was absolutely right !
3. Carry mosquito repellent/ liquid- Since you don't want to be down with malaria/dengue or likely diseases, its better to be safe than sorry. Of course you don't need these in a hotel, but these protective measures prove to be handy, especially for the bag-packers. If you are driving a car, advisable to use mosquito spray and leaved it locked for few hours before you resume with your journey.
|This shawl was my life savior in Dalhousie|
6. Keep hydrated- Often while travelling to cold places or in the excitement of travelling, we forget drinking water. By the time you feel thirsty, your body has already lost lot of water. Keep replenishing yourself with water at small intervals. It not only aids in digestion but also keeps toxins at bay and makes up for the minerals lost from body.
|A mild scrub I carry- from Vedic Collection|
I carry a mild scrub from Vedic Collection. Visit (https://vedic-collection.com/fresh-face/normalskin/facescrub) Made of almonds and organic ingredients, it exfoliates dead skin while maintaining moisture balance and keeping skin smooth.
8. Shoe up- During my recent trip to Dharamsala, I roamed the whole place in my flat sandals, least realizing I had invited pain for my legs. Avoid this trouble by wearing sports shoes. Always have sports shoes in your must-carry items while travelling, especially to hill stations. I prefer wearing shoes instead of packing them as that adds weight to luggage. Avoid heels as much as you can, unless you are packing for a party or function. For beach vacation or water adventure, go for floaters or flip flops.
|My travel savior|